In the summer, when the temperature in an apartment in the U.S. hit a fever pitch, there were few fans left.
There are some fans in the United Kingdom, however.
In February, a fan in the city of Portsmouth, England, caught fire after it was left on a heating system for two hours.
The heat was so high that it was causing the fan to catch fire.
It’s not clear if the fan caught fire because it was on an electric fan system, but it’s not a good look for the UK’s air-conditioning industry, which is being targeted by the heating industry, according to The Independent.
That could have potentially led to a fire, but the fans were not designed for that kind of high temperature.
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.