The NSW government has been in the spotlight again with an inquiry into a series of blazes that have scorched parts of the state.
The Premier has been criticised for her response to the blustery conditions, which saw hundreds of homes in a central NSW suburb destroyed by bushfires in March.
The fires in the state have killed at least 10 people and forced thousands of residents to leave their homes.
The NSW Government is also under pressure over the way it handled the blizzard conditions and has been under fire for the state’s lack of preparation.
Here are five things you need to know about the blizzards and the response from the NSW Government.
The bushfires started over drought conditions 2.
NSW is the most drought-hit state in Australia, but has managed to survive the blazing conditions 3.
The Queensland government has also said it was prepared to take up the mantle for the first time in 30 years.
The blizzard has also been blamed for the death of a NSW firefighter who was killed in a bushfire on March 10.
The blaze in Cootamundra sparked a drought emergency in Queensland, and caused a fire at the Cootami Ranch in Wodonga, a small town in north-west Queensland.
The death of the firefighter has also prompted calls for the government to step in.
The Government has said it has a plan to get its water supplies back to normal in the next three months, and will meet a number of recommendations from the inquiry.
There has been a major rise in the number of people evacuated in the last 24 hours, with more than 1,000 people living in temporary accommodation, ABC News reports.
The emergency has also sparked fears the fires will continue to burn into the future.
The State Government is calling for the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to be disbanded and for the bushfire response to be stepped up. 8.
The inquiry has also revealed the number, type and number of fires has changed between the blazed states.
For the most part, the fires in NSW have been in dry weather, but Queensland has experienced the worst conditions.
The Cootaminara fire in March 2015 killed two firefighters.
The fire, which burned for four days, was one of the largest in NSW history.
It burned through an area of the Cote d’Ivoire.
It had a huge impact on communities across the state, with the death toll at 11 people.
A total of 22 fires in Queensland and 10 in NSW are still burning, according to the NSW Emergency Management agency.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has said the state will take on the responsibility for the situation.
The number of deaths in NSW has increased significantly, with a total of 21 deaths in the first four days of the blazzards.
According to the coroner, the deaths included three young children who died after their mother was killed when their home was attacked by a bush fire.
In total, 22 people were killed and another 17 were injured in NSW.
The inquest also revealed there were three separate fires in different locations in NSW and two in Queensland.
The coronial inquest into the death in Womens House, an Anglican church, has already heard from the victims’ families.
The coroner said the church’s minister, Father Martin Koehler, had been left devastated by the death.
There were two fires in Brisbane, the largest being the Wombats fire that started on April 3.
It took about three months for firefighters to put out the fire.
The other was the Wodgies fire that burned for eight days in July.
The Wodga fire, meanwhile, started in March in the south-west of the city.
It caused significant damage to properties, including homes, and has caused widespread social and economic disruption.
The National Parks and Wildlife Service has also warned the blazons could continue to spread into Queensland.
The agency said the bushfires were now “causing severe impacts” in the park system and urged the NSW government to act swiftly to get the park systems back to a normal state.
The Federal Government has also come under fire over the bush fires, which it has said are still under control.
The Opposition Leader, Luke Foley, has called for a federal investigation into the blaze.
The Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has also called for the NSW Premier to step down.
There is a lack of cooperation from the state and the Federal Government in the investigation.
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said there was a “significant level of concern” about the fire situation in NSW, but it was not clear what the government was doing to help.
The state has also lost out to Queensland in the fight against bushfires.
According for the latest figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the NSW and Queensland have the most fires per head